Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving....

I am getting to where I just don't think "normal" is ever going to exist in my life anymore. I had my hysterectomy on the 27th of October. I am now feeling a lot better. My mother-in-law is now currently in the hospital due to an infection in her spine and I am trying to gain some understanding in the things that I am obviously not learning from all of my trials this past year. Between my mother's death and 3 surgeries, my father's injury and accident and now Mary's hospital stay I am at a loss as to what I need to be doing. It scares me sometimes how just little moments can alter the course of our lives forever. I have been praying hard for my mother in law and hope that she can recover and walk again soon and that the paralysis goes away so that she can function. I hope that I can become a better person and be more willing to help those around me more then feeling sorry for myself. I was just released last Sunday from my primary calling. I am pretty happy about that but am waiting for another one to come along. I am hopeful that it is going to help me grow and learn more about myself. Thanksgiving was very different this year. We had planned on Mary and Richard coming but with Mary in the hospital we took a nice dinner to them there. There were missing seats this year. It was the first year that my dad wasn't here either. It was very sad to me this year. I need to start being happy for the things that I have and stop worrying about the negative. We don't know what the Lord has in store for us, He just knows what were are capable of. I guess He knows I am stronger then I do. I am forever thankful that I have the Gospel in my life and the belief that I will be together with my mom and family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment